Website Republic Services
POSITION SUMMARY: A Logistics Analyst is responsible for the coordination and utilization of drivers, trucks, and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service to all customers. Additional responsibilities include the execution and delivery of Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Report Driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Make changes to daily route information in a more efficient, proactive, and real time way to increase Route Standardization, Efficiency and Accuracy using the highly interactive and user-friendly RISE Platform.
- Use RISE Map’s visibility and flexibility to respond to same day changes or next day planning for the service needs of our Customers to drive on-route efficiencies and improve route design by identifying patterns.
- While verifying the data for accuracy, making the close route process durable and efficient so all routes are closed on time.
- Quickly and proactively resolve problems that may arise while Trucks and Drivers are in transit.
- Collect, interpret, and analyze various types of logistics data including inventory, asset reliability, and other route data to make decisions that increase overall Routing Accuracy.
- Being in constant communication with Drivers to check route progress and make sure they have all necessary information.
- Create and sequence routes that make operational sense and are efficient.
- Understand Missed Pickup, Service Commitments, and KPM goals and help meet or exceed expectations related to those goals.
- Create routes with maximized capacity and review loads per Driver per day goals with the Supervisor to maximize profitability.
- Implement a set of repeatable Dynamic Route Strategy principles to guide your thinking when building routes.
- Manage daily routing activities, resolving issues to ensure pickup and delivery is on time.
- Evaluate where it makes sense to build Swing Routes and verify all Swing opportunities have been identified.
- Analyzing trends in Swing Percentage with your Supervisor and Operations Manager to identify whether it is improving or not.
- Ability to expect the unexpected and monitor and adjust today and tomorrow’s plans throughout the day.
- Understand daily Disposal Plans to help identify optimal disposal sites for each load so our Drivers can be held accountable to adhering to the assigned disposal sites.
- Meet quarterly to discuss disposal plans with the Operations Manager and Supervisor and make updates if any intercompany or 3rd party changes occur.
- Review monthly Service Areas and Permanent customers with the Supervisor to balance permanent stops based on peak days.
- Provide Drivers visibility and education on which Customer called in the MPU and where the MPU occurred to avoid any future MPU failures from that Driver.
- Determine if requests can be pulled forward to drive efficiency while also providing the best experience for our Customers.
- Updating Customers’ geocoding daily to improve routing efficiencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Courteously interact with Customers, as required.
- Route design is the first defense against Customer service issues, and non-compliance from both hours of service and weight compliance standpoint. Routes must be set up in a way that allows your Drivers to be successful, safe, and efficient.
- Analyze and prioritize the promises that we make to Customers to ensure that these Customers are serviced, and our promises are kept.
- CRC Communication – KMT Announcements must be updated daily, even if all routes are all in order. If the plan changes, assess the situation and continually post updated announcements so the CRR’s have the most up to date information. This process will reduce MPUs and worry calls and improve the communication channel between the Division and the Customers.
- Evaluate route issues that may cause delays and utilize the tools available to communicate to the impacted Customers.
- Review RISE Media very 15minutes to process Service Exceptions/General Messages/Extra Services information in order to meet the Customer’s needs.
- Ensure the highest level of Customer satisfaction by adhering to and executing our Universal Service Commitments.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Skillful with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to understand and execute time-sensitive tasks.
- Experience in a customer-facing position.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent credentials
- Two years of prior experience working as a Dispatcher preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
· We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
· We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
· We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
· We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
· We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.