Website US Foods
Join Our Community of Food People!
US Foods has a great opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated dispatcher to join our team. In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for the day to day dispatch of 150+ routes in the Metro NY area.
As a Dispatcher you will be responsible for transportation logistics including scheduling and dispatching drivers/freight, ensuring on time deliveries, and providing great customer service.
- Ensuring that the drivers successfully complete the assigned work
- Preparing and maintaining daily dispatch paper work
- Ensuring efficient utilization of drivers and equipment
- Handling very high telephone call volume in a courteous, efficient manner
- Operating multiple communications channels
We are looking for an experienced Dispatcher with exceptional customer service skills, effective communication skills and strong organization. You must also be proactive with the ability to prioritize, multi task, and meet deadlines.
- Dispatch experience, 3+ years preferred
- Ability to simultaneously operate multiple communications channels
- Attention to detail
- Good Computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and email
- Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit usfoods.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.