What you will be doing
Work together with drivers and supervisors to create the most effective delivery route and schedule.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating / maintaining the airport dispatch board, ensuring that all special delivery instructions are highlighted
- Monitoring WorldSTAR screen 51 / 52 and dispatching accordingly, including confirming special delivery instructions are advised.
- Monitoring WorldSTAR screen 53 to ensure that freight is recovered in a timely manner.
- Assigning driver’s names in WorldSTAR screen 62 for exports.
- Monitoring department / drivers for shipment drops to the airport and logging all Master Air Waybills.
- Monitoring drivers to ensure pick ups and deliveries are made in a timely manner.
- Reviewing and monitoring discrepancies daily, ensuring that cold chain is managed if necessary.
- Monitoring and maintaining cold chain for all shipments on FDA hold.
- Answering phones and providing directions to drivers when necessary.
- Ensuring that all SOPs and policies are followed.
- Reporting all complaints and issues to management immediately.
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient knowledge of WorldSTAR applicable screens
- General knowledge of the airport and surrounding area
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi task
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
United States-Illinois-Schiller Park
World Courier Inc
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.