Website Lewis Transcontinental LLC
Lewis Transcontinental is currently on the lookout for a Dispatcher & Freight Broker Agent in the Southeast.
The successful candidate will be expected to manage dispatching for a growing trucking company, Lewis Transcontinental, based in Elberton, Georgia, along with building and expanding a robust client portfolio through sourcing carrier capacity and negotiating prices, hauling flatbed and step deck freight.
A primary responsibility will be to facilitate revenue growth while also ensuring our customers’ freight is delivered on time.
- Dispatching trucks and drivers for our own fleet out of Elberton, GA.
- Manage drivers and ensure ELD compliance through Samsara.
- Actively seek out and establish contact with potential freight partners.
- Utilize your sales skills by negotiating with and quoting rates with carriers, prospecting new carriers and strengthening relationships with our current carriers.
- Sustain a stable and thriving client portfolio by ensuring a steady flow of freight and customer retention.
- Engage in regular communication with current customers, keeping them updated about new offerings and possibilities.
- Engaging with load boards (paid platforms, provided at no cost) to find and secure freight.
- Utilizing Samsara, TMS, and CMS systems ensuring accurate data is maintained.
- Work with our experienced team across the organization to problem solve and ensure customer satisfaction and effective freight management.
Skills And Qualifications:
- Able to manage multiple priorities while working with minimal direction.
- Outstanding communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Previous sales and operational experience in transportation or freight industry
- Existing client relationships
- Established book of business
- Familiarity with TMS platforms and Load Boards
- Ability to build rapport with new prospects/customers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Personal book of business
- Freight brokering experience
- Dispatching experience
- TMS and Load Board experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail oriented and safety minded
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $30,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Port, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.