Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years’ CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at https://jobs.cemex.com/.
The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating activities of employees engaged in delivering CEMEX products.
- Confers with plant production and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times
- Confers with customer services representative regarding scheduled times for customer deliveries
- Generates invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents
- Assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries of concrete products
- Generates reports of cash and charge sales
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction survey results consistent with strategic objectives
- Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve quality of service
- Develops working relationships with internal customers in order to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket
- Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, relating shipping documents, and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries
- Prepares cash and charge sales reports for shipments from drivers
- Maintains radio contact with drivers to expedite deliveries
- May recommend to management improvements in procedures to improve customer service
- Adhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- 1 year of dispatching experience preferred
- Knowledge of O.S.H.A rules and regulations
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cemex.com.