Website Hampton Roads Transit
Salary Range: $45,352 $57,824
Job Posting Close Date: November 12, 2020
This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision and direction of all light rail vehicles and track maintenance vehicles. Also the completion of operating forms/documents as required for HRT Light Rail operations.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Ensure that the agency’s safety procedures, policies and rules are followed by all HRT employees, Non-HRT personnel and visitors that transcend the right-of-way.
- Approves monitors and coordinates all maintenance activities along the right-of-way.
- Directs the troubleshooting of defective equipment and coordinates the replacement of LRVs with LRV Maintenance.
- Report delays and problems promptly and take appropriate actions to correct performance and maintain established schedules.
- Enter daily rail activities into various databases, logs and turn-over documents.
- Directs, instructs, assigns and assist Rail Operators in proper rail operating rules and procedures.
- Direct all rail vehicle movement along the alignment ROW.
- Develop and implement procedures and schedules to regulate the activities of light rail vehicle operators: assist in the developing and implementing performance standards for light rail operators and evaluate employee productivity and performance against established standards.
- Performs all mark-ups (runs, vacation, holiday, line, extra board).
- Complete payroll as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of safety procedures, rules and regulations for light rail operations; participate in emergency situations involving vehicles, equipment and passengers: notify appropriate persons in the event of emergency.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT s EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Prepare and/or coordinate with other departments any documentation required in support of the FTA triennial reviews, drug and alcohol audits, independent audits, state audits, EEO Program audit, etc.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm.
- Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to lob Functions:
- Must be able pass LRV Operator training course and re-qualify as directed.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Virginia Commercial driver s License.
- Ability to learn the day-to-day operation of HRT’s Transit System, including the collective bargaining agreement, safety regulations, and guidelines; train and bus service schedules and fare structures.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with operators.
- Ability to learn troubleshooting of HRT’s Light Rail Vehicles.
- Ability to manage several different tasks at the same time while directing train movement.
- Ability to evaluate the work of employees, develop procedures, rules and schedules and instruct employees on operation and safety procedures.
- Must demonstrate the abilities to navigate train movement in a minimally equipped Non SCADA environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and while working under pressure.
- Must be able to navigate through Microsoft Word, Excel, understand Access as well as general typing skills.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to lob Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Email, Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HASTUS Management System
Training and/or Education:
Preferred qualifications include the completion of an Associate Degree in Business Management or, Business Administration or related field; experience as a Rail Supervisor, Controller or Instructor within a light rail system; must successfully demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and knowledge of all transit operations and activities.
Four (4) years progressive experience to include at least two (2) years as a Rail Instructor and a combination of: two (2) years as a Dispatcher/Rail Supervisor, or at least (3) years as a Transportation Supervisor or, over (4) years experience as an Operator (Rail/Bus) with exceptional work performance and solid management experience to demonstrate leadership capabilities.
Licenses or Certificates:
Must have CDL Class B license and/or CDL permit and the ability to acquire within sixty (60) days of employment a valid Virginia CDL Class B license with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Ability to pass DOT physical examination.
- This position is classified as essential personnel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work involves operating or supervising the operation of Light Rail Vehicles their equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties will require working weekends and Holidays.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.