Website Arnold Transportation Services
Arnold Transportation Services is currently seeking an Account Manager to join our Brokerage Operations Team. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity and want to work for a company that prides itself on providing exceptional service to customers, Arnold Transportation has an opportunity for you.
Operations of Arnold’s freight brokerage, including scheduling and tracking shipments, negotiating with freight carriers and handling customer questions. May also be involved in prospecting for new clients, securing transportation, preparing marketing materials, matching carriers with customers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations. Financial management may also be a part of a broker’s job duties. Tasks may include preparing spreadsheets and financial reports, filing insurance claims, and setting shipping rates.
- Work with Shippers, Carriers, and Dispatchers to manager schedules.
- Track and report shipment status to customers.
- Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business.
- Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
- Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
- Contact current and potential customers for new business opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes
- Create and maintain vendor records, purchase request records, purchase order records, receiving records, shipping records, and all associated logs as required.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS
- Teamwork: Working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive and receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/communication style according to your audience while giving full attention and practicing active listening skills.
- Customer & Personal Service/Building Relationships: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services
- Critical Thinking: Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to effectively prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Organization: Ability to maintain strong organizational skills that will assist with staying on task while multi-tasking.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude, strong sense of urgency, and the initiative to work independently.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Business, or Marketing a plus.
· Transportation industry experience is a plus.
· Advanced reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.