Website Lipsey Logistics
This position is for a weekend day Broker. The times to start can vary, but it is three 12 hour shifts, Friday – Sunday.
Brokers are responsible for the direct third party logistics movement of freight. Responsibilities include communicating with shippers and carriers to ensure freight is moving from pickup to delivery, scheduling and tracking shipments, negotiating with freight carriers and answering customer questions. Brokerage duties also include prospecting for new clients, matching carriers with customers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations.
(The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
· Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with shippers and carriers.
- Identify new business through cold calling prospective customers or by solicitation of current customers.
- Negotiate with and coordinate the activities customers and third party carriers.
- Plan, schedule, track, and facilitate the movement of freight via ground transportation (FTL, LTL, Rail, IM)
- Manage and solve conflicts with clients.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Ability to work on a Lipsey site or Lipsey Logistics customer location site while performing the essential functions of this position.
- Uses, carries and answers their cell phone for business purposes as determined by the assigned job duties and the department head
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of one year of experience in the transportation industry is required, preferably in a third party logistics field. Additional 1-2 years of experience in outside or inside sales and/or transportation brokerage preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Skill required in negotiations; brokerage; time management; developing relationships; problem solving; inside sales; outside sales; verbal and written communication and attention to details.
Ability to thrive in deadline driven environment; self-motivate; and adapt to constantly changing work environment.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Lipsey Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lipsey Logistics does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.