Armstrong Transport Group is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in the vibrant South End neighborhood of Charlotte, NC, with additional locations in Boise, ID, and Schaumburg, IL. Using the power of innovative technology solutions, we create seamless connections for shippers and carriers while delivering exceptional customer experiences. We’re proud to have a diverse community of more than 150 independent agent offices that rely on us to help grow their business and fuel their success. Behind the scenes, our team of over 230 corporate employees provides unwavering support, ensuring that everyone involved in the logistics process receives the care and attention they deserve. Recognized as a US Best Managed Company and a Top Workplace, Armstrong thrives on creating positive experiences and fostering partnerships to help grow careers.
As our Agent Recruiter, you will focus on bringing in experienced brokers to Armstrong Transport Group’s agent program. A freight agent is an independent business owner who utilizes Armstrong’s platform and receives compensation through 1099 commission payments. You will perform both inbound and outbound lead generation to bring on new business. This role is a combination of recruiting and sales due to the unique nature of freight agent ownership. Agent Recruiters work closely with our back-office teams to support the growth of both new and existing agents. In this role, you will report to our Manager of Agent Recruiting and Development. Our ideal candidate has a background in sales and is self-motivated, personable, and passionate about the transportation industry.
This position can be fully remote, hybrid, or fully in-office out of Charlotte, N.C., Boise, ID, or Schaumburg, IL. Please note that one week of in-office training in the Charlotte, N.C. office will be required at the start of employment.
- Source prospects through cold calling, search engines, referrals, networking, career fairs, and other avenues
- Sell the appeal of being an agent with ATG to prospects
- Screen, interview, assess, and hire top-quality agent prospects
- Nurture and build relationships with potential agents
- Participate in the onboarding of agents and assist them in their acclimation to our organization
- Partner with the agent recruiting team and corporate staff to provide the ultimate onboarding and training experience to agent partners
- Minimum of 1 year of experience recruiting agents for a third-party logistics firm
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated history of being an intrinsically motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
ATG offers medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, and HSA benefits on the first of the month following the date of hire. Additional benefits include PTO, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) with up to a 3.5% match.
Armstrong Transport Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.