We believe in the power of supporting freight agents as entrepreneurs in America?s transportation business.
We exist as an extension of our freight agent?s business to help solve transportation challenges for our customers through personalized attention, committed partnerships, exceptional technology, and a dedicated team of transportation experts that stand behind them.
We empower agent entrepreneurs.
WHAT WE VALUE
Our values are the set of guiding beliefs that help us function together as one, and shape the way we behave.
At LDi, we are led by these core values: Mutually Successful Partnerships, Continually Investing, Integrity, Teamwork.
1140 Wehrle Drive, Buffalo, NY 14221
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible to compile, process, and maintain records according to GAAP.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Handle high volume invoicing and customer accounts.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with customers, brokers, and internal personnel.
- Monitor customer aging reports and escalate account as needed to brokers and/or management team.
- Initiate and continuously keep in contact with customers.
- Research and resolve customer invoice disputes.
- Post customer payments received via check, ACH/wire, or credit card.
- Reconcile and post adjustments to customer accounts.
- Prepare and submit outstanding balances to external receivables insurance company in a timely manner.
- Accommodate customer special billing requests.
- Prepare year end and monthly documents for review by management for approval.
- Complete hoc projects as assigned by management team.
- Assist with coverage of absent teammates, as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Assosciate?s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field is preferred.
- 1+ year(s) of hands on experience within Accounting.
- Eye for details and accuracy is imperative.
- Extreme multitasking ability and sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality with accounting information.
- Effective communication skills and strong positive customer service ability.
- Skilled in Great Plains Dynamics is a plus with experience in the transportation/logistic industry.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS
- The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, lift and/or move light weight items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, for viewing a computer terminal distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception vision for moving objects and ability to adjust focus.
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Non-Exempt (Hourly)
- Temporary Employee – possible permanent position after 90 days
Logistic Dynamics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Logistic Dynamics, LLC reserves the right to modify the job description based upon its needs and may require the employee to perform functions beyond those mentioned above. Neither this job description nor any other communication creates an employment contract between Logistic Dynamics, LLC and the employee, and either one may terminate employment without notice at any time.